Chinese style chicken fried quinoa
This is fast food. Chinese style food from a takeaway or in ready meal form, generally has unhealthy ingredients. Apart from the chopping of the spring onions this version uses frozen onion, garlic, chilli and leftovers for speed.
- 4 tbs light in colour olive oil
- 200 g frozen onions chopped
- 500 g cooked chicken/pork shredded organic if possible
- 200 g (dried weight)quinoa cooked or 2 packs of pre cooked quinoa
- 2 tbs Chinese five spice powder
- 2 bunches spring onions finely sliced
- 2 tbs frozen chopped garlic
- 1 tbs frozen chopped red chilli optional
- 3 tbs tamari
- 3 tbs toasted sesame oil
- 3 eggs organic free range optional if egg intolerant
- In a wok over a high heat, fry the onions in the light olive oil for a couple of minutes.
- Add the chicken and spring onions. Fry for a couple more minutes so the chicken starts to fall apart.
- Add the Chinese five spice, garlic, chilli, tamari, and sesame oil and stir to coat.
- Add the rice and cook for five minutes to heat through. Stirring constantly so it doesn't stick.
- Finally pour over the beaten egg and stir through so the egg cooks.
- Serve in bowls. Season with salt to taste.