I love that these are golden. They have a lovely fresh taste and go well with the spring onion salsa, guacamole and coleslaw. Serve as a main or with burgers as a side.
- 100 g sweetcorn frozen is fine, but defrost first
- 50 g green pepper finely chopped
- 3 spring onions trimmed and finely sliced
- 1 egg egg substitute link at the bottom
- 25 g gluten free self raising flour
- 10 g tapioca flour or gluten free cornflour
- 2 tbs chopped fresh coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 40 ml almond milk regular or coconut milk as an alternative
- salt and pepper
- light in colour olive oil for frying
- pinch chilli flakes optional
- After chopping your vegetables, pour some oil into a large frying pan, to a depth of approx 1cm. Heat to medium.
- Meanwhile put all the ingredients into a bowl, adding the almond milk last. Whisk everything together. Season really well.
- The oil should be hot now. Using a fairly large spoon, spoon mixture into mounds in the pan. The should fry immediately and spread out. Fry for a couple of minutes each side until golden. Transfer to a warm plate with kitchen paper to blot the oil.
- Serve immediately.
For an egg free substitute click here