Simple yet tasty. The Mexican style tastes simply don't need the taco shell element. Serve with refried beans, salad, guacamole, spring onion tomatoes salsa, spring onion fritters and sprinkled with grated cheese, I defy anyone to be hungry afterwards!
- 500 g beef mince grass fed if possible
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 green pepper
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tsp paprika
- 250 ml beef stock kallo yeast free organic if possible
- 1 and 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- In a large frying pan fry the onion and pepper in the olive oil over a medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the mince and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add all the other ingredients, stir well and turn down heat to just simmering. Simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally until liquid well absorbed.
- Serve with Mexican accompaniments or basmati rice.