Mango quinoa salad
These flavours are so fresh and zingy. The sweetness of the mango goes so well with the savoury elements. The fried onions in the mix add another flavour dimension. This salad makes a substantial meal or an accompaniment. It lifts the spirits as well as getting great nutrients into you.
- 100 g quinoa
- 2 onions finely sliced
- 2 spring onions trimmed and finely sliced
- 1 fresh mango nice and ripe
- 1 yellow pepper deseeded and chopped
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 lime zest and juice
- 1 tbs fresh mint chop
- 2 tbs chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tbs fine shredded coconut optional
- 4 tbs flaxseed oil or olive, extra virgin
- a little salt to taste
- Rinse then boil the quinoa. Cook for approx 15 minutes. Strain and rise with cold running water. Leave to drain.
- Fry the onion slices in 2 tbs of oil, until well coloured and soft. Leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, as the above are cooking chop everything else and put into a bowl. Here is how to get the most from your mango.
- Combine everything together. Add salt to taste. Great for a packed lunch. Makes a good accompaniment too.