The quickest meal ever. Plus you can use left over ingredients in the fridge.
- 3 eggs or more if you're hungry!
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 10 g butter
- handful cooked bacon, chorizo, herbs, mushrooms whatever you fancy
- 50 g grated cheese optional
- Pre heat your grill to full.
- In a medium sized frying pan approx. 24cm or 9½ inches, heat the butter and olive oil.
- If you are using raw ingredients such as bacon or mushrooms fry them until cooked.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into the frying pan covering your fillings.
- As the egg starts to cook, using a spatula, pull the edges into the centre allowing the raw egg to run outwards. You don't want the egg to be completely cooked in the middle.
- Take the frying pan off the heat and sprinkle with the grated cheese if using.
- Place under the hot grill. The omelette will puff up, the cheese will melt and it is done when it is starting to brown.
- Fold over (optional) and serve on a plate.