Mexican style mince
This is absolutely delicious. It should be part of a Mexican style feast. Serve with mini low carb pizza bases instead of soft tacos, and pile up with creme fraiche, salad, guacamole, spring onion tomatoes salsa, and sprinkled with grated cheese, I defy anyone to be hungry afterwards!
- 500 g beef mince grass fed if possible
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 red pepper deseeded and diced
- 1 green pepper deseeded and diced
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp Marigold Bouillon powder
- 250 ml boiling water
- 1½ tsp ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- In a large frying pan fry the onion in the olive oil over a medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the mince and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add all the other ingredients, stir well and turn down heat to just simmering. Simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally until liquid well absorbed.
- Serve with Mexican accompaniments.