Celeriac is a great low carb swap for potato. This dish is absolutely delicious.
- 1 kg celeriac peeled
- 200 ml double cream
- 200 ml milk
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- ½ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- 150 g grated cheese, Gruyere is traditional
- Pre heat the oven to 160°c fan, 180°c electric or Gas 4.
- Peel the celeriac. Cut into quarters, then very thinly slice each quarter.
- Put all the ingredients APART from the cheese, into a saucepan. Add the celeriac.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the celeriac into an ovenproof dish.
- Pour over the milk/cream liquid, top with the grated cheese and place in the oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes until golden.