Easiest ever one minute poached eggs
Until I came across this method I could never be bothered with the palava of making poached eggs. This couldn't be simpler. I'm now officially addicted to eggs done this way. And they're so good for you!
- 1 tea cup with a rounded base
- 1 egg as fresh as possible
- pinch fine sea salt
- It is important to use the freshest eggs possible and preferably organic free range.
- My microwave is a 900 watt. You might have to experiment with timings.
- Fill the teacup ¾ full with water.
- Add the pinch of salt.
- Crack the egg into the water.
- Place the tea cup on the outer edge of the microwave turntable.
- Cook on high for 1 minute. If it isn't cooked after this time, cook for a further 20 seconds.
- Using a spoon, scoop out and drain on kitchen paper.
- Repeat the process if you want more eggs.
- Serve on thickly buttered toasted low carb rolls. See recipe below.
Here is the recipe link for low carb rolls