Heavenly Harissa Marinated Halloumi for the best barbeques
I adapted this recipe from Waitrose Harissa Halloumi kebabs. They were so expensive for such a small amount. Absolutely delicious and so so simple.
- 250 g Halloumi
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp harissa paste no added sugar
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ lemon juiced
- Open the halloumi at the fold and slice though horizontally.
- Carefully slice the two halves through horizontally again so you have four thin slices.
- Cut each slice in half so that you have 8 thin slices.
- In a bowl mix all the sauce ingredients together to combine.
- Coat each slice of halloumi in the paste and lay on a plate.
- Marinate for at least two hours or overnight if possible.
- Fry in some hot olive oil or cook on the BBQ.