Best ever good for you baked beans
Even the no added sugar baked beans you can get have ingredients you don't want or need in your miracle body. Have these occasionally as the carbs are fairly high. But they hit the spot served on a low carb roll when you fancy beans on toast. Note - you will need to make your own tomato sauce first.
- 400 g canned haricot beans
- 2 tbsp homemade tomato sauce see recipe below
- 245 ml boiling water
- ⅓ of a chicken stock cube
- 1 tbsp rice malt syrup Biona
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 3 ml Worcestershire sauce gluten free
- ⅙ tsp black pepper
- ⅙ tsp garlic powder
- ⅙ tsp onion powder
- ⅓ tsp salt
- 2½ tsp cornflour
- 30 ml water
- Put all the sauce ingredients in a medium saucepan and stir well.
- Add the beans, stir and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a cup, mix the water into the cornflour and pour into the saucepan.
- Stir for a couple of minutes until thickened.