Almond and Parmesan crusted chicken
Even better than using breadcrumbs, these have so much flavour and are really easy.
- 4 chicken breasts or sliced pork fillet bashed in escalopes
- 150 g ground almonds
- 50 g Parmesan finely grated omit if dairy free
- 2 tsp garlic granules optional
- 2 eggs egg substitute at the bottom
- salt and pepper
- light olive oil to brush
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 fan, 220 electric or Gas 7. Line and oil 2 baking trays.
- In a large bowl crack the eggs. Add a splash of water and beat well.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in another bowl.
- Cut the chicken or pork fillet into strips for goujons or flatten for whole pieces.
- A piece at a time dip into the egg and then into the crumb mixture to coat thoroughly.
- Spaced well apart place them on the baking trays. Carefully brush with more oil and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden.
- Serve with lemon wedges and sauce of choice.
For an egg substitute click here