Spanikopita are Greek pastry parcels filled with spinach and feta. To make it gluten free I've made the filling and put it on quinoa pastry disks. Looks good as a starter.
- 1/2 quantity quinoa pastry see link below
- 200 g frozen spinach
- 200 g feta cheese Crumbled into medium sized chunks
- 15 g Parmesan finely grated
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 tsp dill
- 1/2 tsp feshly grated nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- egg beaten for brushing the pastry
- Pre heat the oven to 200 fan, 220 electric or Gas 7.
- Make up the quinoa pastry following the link below. Cut into 8 circles approx 10cm in diameter. Place on parchment on a baking sheet, brush with egg and bake for 10 minutes until risen and golden. Keep warm or bake at the same time as making the filling/topping.
- Put the spinach in a saucepan over a medium heat and cover. Bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and squeeze all the excess water out with the back of a wooden spoon. Pour the water away, leaving just the spinach.
- Add all the other ingredients and cook gently, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
- Serve a spoonful of feta/spinach mix on top of the pastry, garnished with baby salad leaves.
Here is the quinoa pastry link