This tastes of sunshine, hence the name. My oldest friend made this for me. She made it with chicken, but here I have used tofu. The sauce is the same, delicious because of the allspice, coconut and bean combination.
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 2 large onion finely sliced
- 1 pack 'Tofoo Indian spiced' tofu you can use 4 chicken breasts or portabello mushrooms
- 1 red pepper cut into large chunks
- 1 kidney beans draines and rinsed organic preferably
- 1 can coconut milk full fat
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbs tomato puree
- 1 tbs curry powder
- 2 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp onion granules
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper
- Fry the onions in the oil over a medium high heat for about 5 minutes without browning. (If using chicken boneless thigh meat fry before until browned then set aside).
- Add the spices and the tomato puree and fry for a couple more minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients ( if using, add the browned chicken at this point). Stir well. Season with salt and pepper and simmer uncovered for 45 minutes until the sauce is reduced and has thickened.
- Serve with brown basmati rice or boiled quinoa. Or cauliflower rice if you're aiming for low carb.
Click on the link for cauliflower rice