Lime and coriander crumbed cod
If you already have tartare sauce in the fridge and a batch of low carb rolls in the freezer then this makes a quick meal.
- 4 boneless cod fillets or any other white fish
- 1 low carb roll (or 100g ground almonds instead) see recipe link below
- 3 tbsp finely grated cheddar
- pinch cayenne pepper
- grated zest of a lime use later to serve and squeeze over
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbs finely chopped fresh coriander
- enough coriander and lime tartare to spread over see recipe link below
- a little olive oil to drizzle
- Pre heat the grill to its highest setting.
- Pat the cod fillets dry, removing as much moisture as possible with kitchen towel.
- Put the low carb roll in a food processor and process into breadcrumbs, hten transfer to a small bowl.
- Add the chopped coriander, cayenne, lime zest and cheddar and season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Line a baking tray with foil, dull side up. Grease with a little butter or olive oil.
- Place the fish fillets on the foil.
- Spread enough tartare sauce over to cover the fillets.
- Spoon on the crumb mixture, dividing it equally between the 4 pieces.
- Drizzle with olive oil and place under the grill, as low as it will sit away from the direct grill element (or it will burn the crumb).
- Depending on the thickness of the fish, grill for 8 - 15 minutes.
- Serve with mixed salad leaves, lime and coriander tartare sauce and lime to squeeze.