Lime and coriander tartare sauce
This has such a nice fresh taste to it. Use it for the lime and coriander crumbed cod. The recipe is below.
- Food processor without it it will take ages to whisk!
Basic mayo first
- 30 g raw egg (approx half an egg beaten)
- small garlic clove optional
- ½ tbsp lime juice
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- ⅛ tsp ground white pepper
- ¼ tsp ground sea salt
- 175 ml light in colour olive oil
- 1 tbsp capers drained and dried on kitchen towel
- ½ gherkin sliced preferably Mrs Elswoods sugar free Haimisha
- 1 tbs chopped fresh coriander
- In a food processor, put all the basic mayo ingredients apart from the oil.
- Turn the machine on and process for 20 seconds, then start pouring the oil in a slow thin steady stream.
- When all of the oil is added, turn off the processor and you should have a thick mayo.
- Add the tartare ingredients and process until well combined.
If you already made a batch of my mayo then you can just add finely chopped capers, finely chopped gherkin, chopped coriander and lime juice. It will keep in a lidded jar for up to 2 weeks. Here is the recipe link for Lime and coriander crumbed cod.