Low carb lamb samosas
I've properly cracked the authentic taste of the lamb samosa filling here! I like it with or without the low carb pastry.
- 1 qty low carb pastry link in notes below
- 450 g lamb mince full fat can use 350 g shredded cooked lamb instead
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 large cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tsp ginger puree
- 2 tsp garam masala powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 15 g chopped fresh coriander
- Fry the lamb mince or cooked lamb in the olive oil until starting to brown.
- Add all the other ingredients and simmer for 25 minutes. Adding a little boiling water if it gets too dry. Allow to cool completely before filling the pastry.
- Pre heat the oven to 200° fan, 220° electric or Gas 7.
- Roll out the pastry between 2 sheets of parchment and cut into triangles. Freeze for 10 minutes so that thy are easier to handle.
- Place a teaspoon of mixture on the bottom triangle.
- Cover with another triangle and press down the edges to seal.
- Brush with egg and cook for 10 minutes, keeping an eye on them as they can suddenly go too brown!
For the low carb pastry recipe click here Serve with mix of Greek yoghurt and mint sauce seasoned with salt.