Low carb ‘pasta’
This so versatile. And unlike regular flour made pasta it won't bloat you. Although it will definitely fill you up with all that protein!
- 200 g cream cheese If dairy free, use coconut yoghurt
- 6 eggs preferably free range organic
- ¾ tsp salt
- 42 g Psyillium husk powder
- Pre heat the oven to 130° fan, 150° electric or gas 2.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and leave to thicken (won't take long).
- Prepare 2 baking sheets with baking paper.
- Divide the thickened mixture evenly between the 2 baking sheets.
- Cover with another sheet of paper on each and roll out to approx ½cm thick.
- Put in the oven still covered with the top layer of paper.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Take out from oven, allow to cool on a rack for 10 minutes.
- Peel off the paper one side and cut into any shape you want (squares for lasagne, strips for fettucine etc)
- Reheat with your favourite sauce or usual pasta dish e.g Mac n cheese