Low carb pizza base
Finally a base that you can roll thin enough and still have crispy edges but hits the low carb sweet spot!
- 180 g grated mozzarella
- 28 g cream cheese
- 80 g ground almonds
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- Pre heat a baking sheet or pizza stone to 200° fan, 220° electric or Gas mark 7.
- In a bowl place the mozzarella and cream cheese and microwave for approx 50 seconds.
- Add the almonds, baking powder and egg and smoosh it all together with your hand until it is well combined and forms a ball of 'dough'.
- Divide into 2 pieces and place each piece between 2 sheets of baking paper (not greaseproof or it will stick!) Roll out to a very thin circle and remove the top sheet of paper.
- Bake on the baking sheet or pizza stone for 3-5 minutes until golden brown.
- Top with your favourite toppings and bake for a further 5-10 minutes. It also works well with garlic butter as garlic bread.