Lush Lentils and Sundried Tomato Salad
Make sure the tomatoes are in olive oil, as sunflower oil is one to avoid for good health. This can be served warm or cold depending on the time of year. I use pre prepared puy lentils in a pack but if you have more time the dried ones are excellent too.
- 250 g Ready to eat puy lentils Merchant Gourmet are great
- 1 sml jar sundried tomatoes drained Waitrose are in olive oil, retain the oil
- 1 red onion finely sliced
- 2 tbs flaxseed oil you can use the tomato oil
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 3 tbs chopped parsley
- 3 tbs chopped chives
- 3 tbs chopped dill
- 1 tbs red wine vinegar
- 80 g buffalo mozzarella omit if you are dairy free or vegan
- 1 tsp salt good quality
- pinch black pepper
- If serving cold just put everything into a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- To warm: First heat the oil slightly and add the onion, tomatoes and puy lentils.
- Warm until you see steam begin to rise. Add the garlic, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper and stir.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese and herbs.
- Serve with a little sundried tomato oil drizzled over.