Middle Eastern Greens
Need to add a little life into Kale Spring Greens or spinach? These flavours work beautifully. And don't forget that the oil unlocks the nutrients in these brilliant vegetable. Win win.
- 1 pack greens, kale or spinach roughly chopped spinach wilts to less than the others
- 3 tbs pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 50 g chopped fresh coriander
- salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a large non stick pan or wok, over a medium to hot setting.
- Fry the pine nuts for a couple of minutes until just brown, remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Throw everything else in. And stir fry for 5-10 minutes until the greens are looking glossy and cooked. Sprinkle over the pine nuts, stir well and remove from the heat.
- Serve with the Roasted Cauli or as an accompaniment to other dishes.
Click here for the roasted Cauli recipe