This would work with any unroasted nut of choice. Brilliantly quick for a sweet snack, but wait for them to cool or you’ll burn yourself!
A nutritious alternative to popcorn.
- 250 g pecans raw
- 90 ml rice syrup Biona preferably
- few drops maple essence (optional) sugar free
- Put rice syrup in a bowl. Add maple essence if using, stir. Add pecans and coat thoroughly.
- Spread out evenly on baking paper on a baking tray.
- Cook in a preheated oven, 180 fan, 200 electric, Gas 6 for 10 mins.
- Remove from oven and place baking paper onto a wire rack to cool the brittle.
- Should be cool enough after about 10 minutes!
- They will keep in an airtight box for a few days, if they're not eaten in minutes!