Low carb rolls
If you are trying to reduce your blood sugar, bread is the last thing you should eat. These easy to make low carb rolls are the perfect replacement. I have adapted the original fabulous recipe from Diet Doctor. If you are allergic to nuts then follow the coconut flour replacement in the notes.
- 130 g ground almonds
- 25 g psyllium husk powder amazon link below
- 1 tsp baking powder gluten free
- 1/2 tsp salt additive free
- 3 egg whites organic free range
- 2 tsp cider vinegar
- 185 ml boiling water
- 6 pinches sesame seeds one pinch per roll
- Pre heat the oven to 160 fan, 180 electric or Gas 4.
- Weigh the dry ingredients into a medium sized bowl and mix well.
- Separate the eggs into a small jug.
- In a separate jug combine the cider vinegar and the boiling water.
- Pour the egg whites and vinegar/boiling water onto the dry ingredients. Using an electric hand whisk, beat for 20-30 seconds until the dough is well combined and running up the beaters as it thickens. DO NOT OVER WHISK.
- Grease a baking sheet with butter or olive oil and using wet hands divide the mix into 6, moulding into balls. If using the sesame topping sprinkle on top of each.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour. Allow to cool completely.
These can be frozen or kept in an air tight box for up to 3 days. After the first day they are best toasted. If you are allergic to nuts, replace the ground almonds with 32g coconut flour, increase the egg whites to 4 and increase the boiling water to 200ml. If you like pizza, try the low carb pizza roll recipe here.