To keep blood sugar low I advise avoiding pasta. You can choose courgette spaghetti or with a garlic butter Portobello mushrooms topped with mozzarella, then hey presto, no carbs! Try it in the no pasta lasagne recipe with the link in the recipe notes below.
- 750 g beef mince grass fed full fat
- 3 onions, chopped
- 150 g mushrooms chopped
- 750 g passata
- 2 tbs tomato puree
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- 50 ml red wine
- 3 tbs olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Start by frying the onions in the oil for 2 minutes. Add the mince and brown, but don't let the onions brown.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic. Cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add everything else and stir well.
- Bring to the boil and then turn down to a simmer and cook for 45 minutes. Add water if it looks dry and don't let it stick to the pan.
No Pasta Lasagne recipe here