Cheese and bacon bites
These are so quick and make a great snack. Good for picnics or the lunchbox. As they are low starch, even if you ate the whole lot on an extra hungry day it wouldn't be that bad! Swap the bacon for caramalised onions if you want a vegetarian option.
- 30 g butter grass fed if possible,
- 50 g Parmesan finely grated
- 100 g ground almonds
- 30 ml almond milk or other non dairy unsweetened milk
- 20 g buckwheat flour gluten free
- 1/2 tsp baking powder gluten free
- 2 rashers smoked bacon sugar free, snipped into small pieces
- 2 eggs organic free range if possible
- Pre heat the oven to 160 fan, 180 electric or gas 4. Lay out 12 bun cases in a bun tin (fairy cake size not muffin)
- In a bowl, melt the butter in the microwave for 30 secs.
- Add all the other ingredients, stir well and divide between the bun cases.
- Bake for 20 minutes until puffy and golden. Serve slightly warm where possible.
Freeze these and warm slightly for Christmas nibbles. Or keep in an airtight box and warm slightly in the microwave. They will only last a day or so. Replace the bacon with a fried and browned sliced onion for a vegetarian version.