Chocolate sauce pot
Super easy and gives you a chocolate hit. The dextrose is used because it doesn't have the addictive quality that regular fructose filled sugar has. Use this as a sauce over ice cream or on a piece of fruit for dessert. Or chill in a small ramekin.
- 60 g butter dairy free replacement-coconut oil
- 50 g cocoa powder
- 130 g dextrose
- 240 ml double cream dairy free replacement- coconut cream
- 2 tsp vanilla essence sugar free
- Put the butter, dextrose and cocoa into a small pan.
- Over a medium heat, stirring continuously, melt them together to form a sauce.
- Pour on the cream and stir well to combine.
- Remove from the heat and add the vanilla essence.
- Serve immediately over fruit.
- Cool slightly to pour over ice cream.
- Pour into small ramekins and chill for individual pots.
- Store in a container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Some crystallization/ white residue might form on the surface, but this will disappear when re heated.