Sesame prawns without the Toast
A little on the fiddly side, but they make a great finger food or a healthy alternative to nuggets. Serve with the Chinese style greens as a main meal.
- light olive oil for frying
- 450 g prawns
- 1 red chilli deseeded and chopped (optional)
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 2 spring onions trimmed and roughly chopped
- 3 tsp dextrose
- 1 egg white for egg free use link at bottom of page
- 2 tsp tamari (wheat free soy sauce)
- sesame seeds to coat
- In a food processor, put the chilli, spring onion and garlic. Pulse until finely chopped.
- Add the prawns and all the other ingredients apart from the sesame seeds and olive oil. Blend until a paste is formed.
- Put a layer of sesames in a bowl. Using two teaspoons, spoon teaspoons of mixture onto the sesames.
- Using the spoons again, turn them over to coat the other side.
- Repeat until all the mixture is used.
- Heat the oil to 170 degrees or until a sesame bubbles when dropped in.
- Fry the patties for a a few minutes each side until firm, cooked all the way through and golden brown. Blot on kitchen towel and keep warm until serving.
- Serve with Asian Slaw or Chinese style greens (recipes below)