Unlike the almond cookies these do go crisp. They are buttery and delicious and are great with a glass of whole raw or Jersey milk or as an accompaniment to ice cream.
- 100 g shredded coconut as fine as possible and sugar free!
- 90 g Biona rice syrup
- 50 g butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence sugar free
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees fan, 200 electric or Gas 6.
- Line or butter 2 large baking sheets.
- Melt the butter and rice syrup in a bowl in the microwave for about 40 seconds.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well with a fork.
- Take heaped teaspoonfuls and place on baking sheet. Using the back of the spoon spread into circles as flat as possible. Leave space between them as they will spread in the oven.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes, watch they don't burn.
- Cool on a wire rack. And store in an airtight container.
Remember these are not low carb but are included in the Wide Eyed Course to reduce sugar intake and cravings.