Crustless Quiche Lorraine
This is so rich that you will not miss the pastry. Great for a snack it's best eaten after standing for 10 minutes or so. Gruyere is the traditional cheese for quiche but if it's too strong, substitute for your favourite cheese, cheddar works well.
- 250 g buffalo mozzarella
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 rashers smoked bacon no added sugar
- 50 g Parmesan finely grated
- black pepper
- Fry or oven bake the bacon until slightly crisp. Leave to cool.
- Pre heat the oven to 170 fan, 190 electric or Gas 5.
- Line a flan tin (a sponge tin also works) with baking parchment. Place on a baking sheet.
- In a bowl or jug put the eggs and pepper to taste and beat to mix well.
- Using scissors, cut the bacon into small pieces straight into the egg/cream mix.
- Add the mozzarella and stir well.
- Pour into the lined tin top with parmesan. Bake for 30 minutes until risen and golden.
- Leave to stand before serving.
For a vegetarian alternative click here