Using raw milk and the freshest local eggs, this is a dish made in heaven. It's fructose free as it only uses glucose based sweeteners so it has a subtle sweetness. Divine.
- 600 ml raw milk
- 4 eggs organic free range
- 2 tbs dextrose/glucose powder
- 200 g rice syrup Biona preferably
- 1 tsp vanilla extract sugar and oil free
- Pre heat the oven to 150 fan, 170 electric or Gas 3. Boil a full kettle.
- Warm the milk in a saucepan until steaming slightly not boiling.
- You may need 6 ramekins. My ramekins are on the large size so 6 smaller ones will probably be better. If using 6 smaller ramekins, weigh 35 g of rice syrup into each. If 4 then measure 50g into each.
- In a heatproof jug put the eggs, vanilla and dextrose and mix well.
- Whilst stirring continuously pour the heated milk onto the egg mixture.
- Arrange the 4 or 6 ramekins in a deep roasting pan.
- Using a sieve or tea strainer pour the milk / egg liquid through into each rameking being careful to divide the mix up equally.
- Carefully pour boiling water into the roasting pan so that the water reaches about halfway up the sides of the filled ramekins.
- Place into the oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove the ramekins from the water and pan and allow to cool before refrigerating overnight.
- To serve run a knife around the edge of each creme caramel and invert into a serving bowl. Scrape the remainder of the syrup onto it so you don't waste any!
These will keep covered in the fridge for up to 3 days.