Crustless Leek and Three Cheese Quiche
To keep it low starch I've omitted the pastry. Because of the buffalo mozzarella and parmesan it is really rich so the pastry is not missed. To contain it, use baking parchment to roughly line the tin or quiche dish. If you don't like leeks use anything else you'd like to put in a quiche.
- 3 whole eggs free range
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 or 3 medium leeks, trimmed and chopped
- 1 onion, sliced
- 250 g buffalo mozzarella
- 50 g Parmesan grated
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbs light olive oil
- Pre heat oven to 180 fan, 200 electric or Gas 6.
- Roughly line a 25cm tin or ceramic quiche dish, cake tin will do, with baking paper/parchment.
- Put the oil in a frying pan and add the leeks and onions. Fry over a medium heat for about 20 minutes until slightly coloured but not over done.
- Put eggs in a bowl and beat/
- Add leeks and mozzarella, season with salt and pepper and beat well.
- Pour into dish. Sprinkle with the parmesan.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until fairly firm, and golden brown. If it is very wobbly in the middle when you give it a shake, cook for a further 5-10 minutes.
- This can be served hot, room temperature or cold. It freezes and once defrosted can be reheated in the oven or microwave