Kale is not usually something I enjoy. I'm pretty good with most veg but with Kale I have a slight mental block. Until I made these! How moreish? The best thing is the Kale itself loses no nutrients during cooking, the oil unlocks those nutrients and instead of being chewy and heavy they crisp up to light, tasty and delicious flakes of guilt-free pleasure. And they are super easy if you buy pre chopped Kale. Experiment with different flavours.
- 100 g chopped curly kale or tear leaves from stalks if whole
- 1/2 tbs light olive oil
- 1/4 tsp ground sea slt
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika or chinese five spice
- Pre heat the oven to 120 fan, 140 electric or Gas 2.
- If the kale is slightly wet dry with a tea towel or salad spinner.
- In a large bowl pour the oil and add the kale. Rub the oil into the kale thoroughly.
- Add the salt and paprika. Mix thoroughly again.
- Lay out on a large baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes. If you need to crisp it up further, turn off the oven and put back in for 15 minutes.