Chinese style chicken fried spring greens
This is fast food. Chinese style food from a takeaway or in ready meal form, generally has unhealthy ingredients. Apart from the chopping of the spring onions and spring greens this version uses frozen onion, garlic, chilli and leftovers for speed.
- 4 tbs light in colour olive oil
- 200 g frozen onions chopped
- 500 g cooked chicken/duck/pork shredded organic if possible
- 2 tbs Chinese five spice powder
- 2 bunches spring onions finely sliced
- 2 tbs frozen chopped garlic
- 1 tbs frozen chopped red chilli optional
- 3 tbs tamari
- 3 tbs toasted sesame oil
- 3 eggs organic free range optional if egg intolerant
- 1 pack whole spring greens kale is good too
- Remove and discard the centre stalks from each leaf of the spring greens and slice into thin strips.
- In a wok over a high heat, fry the onions in the light olive oil for a couple of minutes until the water from the frozen onions evaporates.
- Add the chicken and spring onions. Fry for a couple more minutes so the meat starts to fall apart.
- Add the Chinese five spice, garlic, chilli, and tamari, and stir to coat.
- Add the spring greens and cook for four minutes to heat through. Stirring constantly so it doesn't stick. Pour over the sesame oil so that it doesn't cook for too long.
- Finally pour over the beaten egg and stir through so the egg cooks.
- Serve in bowls. Season with salt to taste.