This is my take on the crispy Italian rice balls. They are filled with buffalo mozzarella as we digest it more easily. They are also coated in ground almonds with makes them lower carb. Serve with a crisp green salad and the olive and tomato sauce. See recipe link below.
- 1 batch cold mushroom quinoa risotto
- 1 tub buffalo bocconcini cut into 12 pieces
- 100 g ground almonds
- 2 tsp garlic granules
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg free range organic
- olive oil
- Pre heat the oven to Fan 180, electric 200 or Gas 6.
- Divide the quinoa risotto into 12. Mold into balls with a piece of mozzarella in the centre.
- Beat an egg in a flat bowl.
- In another flat bowl or plate mix the almonds, garlic granules and salt and pepper.
- Pour a thin layer of olive oil to coat, onto a baking tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden. And serve with olive and tomato sauce and salad.