Easy prawn curry
This is so easy. The veg and spices are cooked first and then the coconut cream and prawns are added halfway through the cooking time. You can use other fish, chicken, lamb or beef too.
First cook - spice and veg mix
- 300 g mixed colour baby tomatoes
- 1 green pepper finely sliced
- 2 red onions finely sliced
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 4 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp chilli powder optional
- 2 tsp fine sea salt
- 4 tbsp olive oil
Second cook - coconut, prawns and spinach
- 400 g can of full fat coconut milk
- 2 100ml cans coconut cream
- 500 g raw king prawns
- 200 g baby spinach
- 30 g fresh coriander roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200° fan, 220° electric or gas mark 7.
- In a deep roasting pan, place all the first cook ingredients and give them a stir to combine.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the second cook ingredients, adding the spinach last. It will take up a lot of room.
- Cook for 5 minutes, so that the spinach wilts then stir it in well.
- Cook for a further 10-15 minutes until the prawns are cooked through. Note if you are using other meats you will need to cook for longer.