Chinese Five spice chicken
This makes a delicious element in a low carb Chinese fakeaway. You can also use pork steaks.
- 4 chicken breasts or trimmed pork steaks
- 100 g cornflour
- 2 tsp Chinese five spice sugar free
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- salt and pepper
- olive oil enough to coat 2 baking trays
- Pre heat the oven to 200° fan, 220° electric or gas mark 7.
- Cut each chicken breast (or pork steak) in half.
- Cut 2 pieces of baking paper and putting one piece of chicken at a time put between and bash flat with a rolling pin. Note don't hit too hard or you'll make them too thin or break them apart! You're aiming for about 5mm thick. Set aside.
- On a plate mix together the dry ingredients.
- Depending on the size of your baking trays, you will probably need two. Pour on enough olive oil to coat with a thin layer all over.
- Coat each piece of chicken in the seasoned cornflour then place on the baking sheet, turning once to get oil on both sides. Repeat until all pieces are coated and oiled and placed in a single layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden and cooked through.
Serve with Chinese style greens