Feta and Courgette Frittata
Frittata is a thick omelet that can be eaten hot or cold. Eggs are a superfood and fill you up as well as a great energy source. Don't worry about cholesterol, eggs don't cause high cholesterol.
- 2 medium courgettes wiped and grated
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 6 large egg free range
- 2 tbs olive oil extra virgin
- 60 g feta
- salt and pepper
- Pre heat the grill to hot.
- Fry the onion and courgettes in the olive oil over a medium heat for about 5 minutes until soft.
- In a bowl beat the eggs with some salt and pepper, then crumble in the feta and stir well. Pour onto the courgettes and onion in the pan. Cook for about 5 minutes until starting to set at the base.
- Remove from the hob and put under the hot grill.
- Cook until the top is risen set and starting to brown nicely.
- It is best served when rested for about 5 minutes.