Thai Green Curry
This would work with a medley of vegetables without the chicken if you are vegetarian, or change it to a fish version. The Thai Taste green curry paste is really authentic, if you are using another brand watch out for added sugar. I like to slow cook mine when using chicken but this would work on the hob for vegetable or fish version. Simmer for about 30 minutes before adding pak choi and letting it steam for 5 minutes.
- 1.2 kg chicken thigh meat free range organic
- 30 g Thai Taste green curry paste less if you don't want it too spicy
- 1 can coconut milk full fat organic
- 2 tbs tamari wheat free soy sauce
- 2 tbs light olive oil
- 3 onions finely sliced
- 50 g chopped coriander
- pak choi to serve
- 1. Pre heat the oven to 140 fan, 160 electric or Gas 3
- 2. In a frying pan brown the chicken thighs a few at a time. Transfer to a casserole dish with a lid.
- 3. If cooking with fish or vegetables use a wok with lid and add the olive oil and fry the onions for about 5 minutes until soft. Add the paste and fry for a couple of minutes. Add the coconut milk, tamari, coriander and pepper. Bring to the boil and skip to step 6
- 4. Pour over the chicken and put the lid on the casserole and place in the oven.
- 5. Cook the chicken version for 3 hours and serve with steamed pak choi.
- 6. Or add the fish or vegetables cover with the lid and simmer for for 15 minutes. Add the pak choi to the pan, cover and steam for 5 minutes, then serve.