Herb Stuffed Tomatoes
These look good but are quick to prepare. Great for a dinner party.
- 4 good sized firm tomatoes
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 12 pitted kalamata olives chopped
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 30 g ground almonds
- 2 tbs fresh oregano chopped
- 3 tbs fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tbs fresh mint chopped
- 2 tbs capers chopped
- salt and pepper
- 125 g mozarella sliced into 4 optional
- Remove the top of the tomatoes. Scoop out the seeds and some of the flesh so that the shell is still firm.
- In a pan lightly fry the onion in the olive oil until soft but not browned.
- Transfer to a bowl and add all the other ingredients. Season and mix well.
- Pre heat the oven to 150 fan, 170 electric or Gas 3.
- Stuff the tomato shells, finishing with a domed top. Lay the mozarella over the top if using.
- Put on a lined baking tray. Drizzle over a little more olive oil. Bake for 35-45 minutes.
- Serve with a dressed mixed salad or garlic sauted vegetables.