Walnut, Squash and Spinach Tortilla
A decadent comfort food for winter. No, actually, any time!
- 400 g butternut squash peeled, seeds removed and cut into 2cm chunks
- 6 eggs
- 125 ml double cream For dairy free use coconut cream
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp tamari wheat free soy sauce
- dash tabasco
- 110 g baby spinach
- 4 walnuts broken small
- salt and pepper
- Pre heat the oven to 200 fan, 220 electric or Gas 7.
- Coat the squash in olive oil, tamari and tabasco and place on a baking tray and cook for 25 minutes until browning at the edges.
- Meanwhile add the garlic to the cream and season well. Crack the eggs in and whisk together. Leave to infuse.
- When the squash is cooked transfer to a medium sized frying pan. Heat and add the spinach, cook until it wilts. Sprinkle in the walnuts.
- Turn down the heat and add the egg/ cream mix. Cook for 15 minutes, occasionally using a spatula to draw in the sides and allow raw mix to run out so that it can cook.
- Heat the grill to hot. Finish the top of the tortilla for a few minutes until set but not burnt.
- Cover the pan with a plate and rest for 10 minutes. Cut into generous wedges and serve with a dressed green salad.