Lemon crumbed fish
Putting an almond crust on fish hadn't occurred to me before, but this really works. Choose a firm white sustainably sourced fish. This is a great low starch dish.
- 6 fillets white fish I use Basa
- 150 g ground almonds
- 2 lemons zest only You will also need the juice of one of them
- 2 eggs beaten egg substitute link at the bottom
- salt and pepper to taste
- Good glug light in colour olive oil
- Pre heat the oven to 220 fan, 240 electric Gas 8. Pour a good covering of light olive oil into a baking tray. Tip to cover the base completely.
- In large shallow dish put the eggs and lemon juice and mix well
- In another large shallow dish combine the lemon zest, almonds, salt and pepper.
- Dry the fish on kitchen paper and cut into approx 5cm strips.
- In turn, dip each piece of fish firstly in egg and lemon wash, then into the crumb. Place on the tray then turn it over so that the oil covered side is facing upwards. Repeat with all the fish.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Serve with fresh tartare sauce (see link below) and lemon wedges.
For the tartare sauce recipe click here For an egg substitute click here