Liver and Bacon
For want of a better word, organ meat is fantastic for your health. Choose good quality liver and your body will thank you for it.
- 1 medium onion finely sliced
- 1 pack lambs liver or good quality liver of choice
- 3 rashers back bacon
- 2 tbs light olive oil
- quantity gravy, preferably homemade
- Fry the onion over a medium heat for 10 minutes until soft and starting to colour. Transfer to a warm plate.
- Fry the liver for a couple of minutes each side, so that it is browned both sides. Do not overcook as it will go powdery, when blood appears is usually a good time to remove it as it will carry on cooking for a few minutes but retain its moisture. Transfer to the plate.
- Fry the bacon until browned both sides.
- Pile on a plate and serve with spring greens and celeriac mash.