Vanilla Creme Brulee
Simple, gorgeous and without sugar.
- 570 ml double cream
- 6 egg yolks
- 4 level tsp corn flour make sure its gluten free
- 4 tbs dextrose
- 1 tsp vanilla essence sugar free
optional crunchy topping
- 3 tbs rice syrup
- Heat the cream until it reaches boiling point.
- In a bowl mix the egg yolks, vanilla essence and cornflour to a paste.
- Slowly pour the warm cream onto the egg mix stirring constantly.
- Pour back into the saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring continuously over a medium heat. Heat until nice and thick.
- Pour into ramekins, cool and then refrigerate.
- (optional) Make the brulee on the day you will be eating them. Pour the rice syrup onto baking parchment on a baking sheet. Cook in oven at 200 fan, 220 electric, Gas 7 for 10 mins.
- Take out, cool completely and break into shards to top set cream.