Mixed spice buns
Low carb, dairy, gluten and fructose free, these little lovelies are made with sweet potato. Super easy, as all the ingredients go in the bowl at the same time. Make individual buns, or whack in a cake tin and serve with fresh cream or coconut cream for an easy dessert.
- 250 g sweet potato peeled and finely grated
- 1 whole egg free range
- 60 ml olive oil or melted coconut oil if preferred
- 1 tsp vanilla essence sugar free
- 100 ml coconut nectar or 150ml rice syrup
- 1/2 tbs baking powder gluten free
- 1/4 tbs bicarbonate of soda
- 65 g buckwheat flour gluten free
- 1 tbs coconut flour
- 3 tsp mixed spice
- 2 tsp ginger
- optional rice syrup for drizzling
- Pre heat the oven to 160c fan, 180c conventional or gas 4.
- Lay out cake cases.
- Weigh the piece of sweet potato, then finely grate. Quite hard work so a processor might be an option, or will contribute to your fitness and arm muscles!
- Put all other ingredients in and mix thoroughly.
- Put approx a dessert spoonful into each case.
- Bake for 20 mins.
- Allow to cool on a rack and then drizzle with rice syrup if desired.