Mushroom, Tofu and Nut Pate
Quick and easy to make. Store in an airtight container as an anytime snack. Full or protein and flavour.
- 200 g silken tofu
- 50 g raw cashews
- 700 g closed cup mushrooms wiped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- salt and pepper
- 3 tbs olive oil
- Heat the olive oil until medium to hot. Fry the cashews until lightly browned all over. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Fry the mushrooms until the juices start to run and add the garlic, allspice, thyme and cayenne. Cook for about 10 minutes until really soft.
- Process the nuts until finely chopped. Pour into a small bowl to set aside.
- Process the mushroom mixture until finely chopped. Add the tofu and process until smooth. Add the nuts back in, season well, process again and then pour into a serving dish or lidded container. Chill until needed.