Pork and Cannellini Bean casserole
The longer you cook it the more tender the fillet becomes, but you could use shoulder which has more flavour due to the fat. You could also cook this for longer on a lower heat whilst at work or in your slow cooker.
- 500 g pork fillet grass fed. You can use shoulder as well.
- 1 onion finely sliced
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 2 cans plum tomatoes
- 50 ml red wine
- 1 can cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp paprika
- 200 ml beef stock kallo very low salt stock cubes are great
- salt and pepper
- Pre heat the oven to 140 fan, 160 electric or Gas 3.
- Cut the meat into approx 5cm x 5cm chunks.
- Heat the oil to fairly hot and fry the pork in batches to brown but not cook through. Transfer to a lidded casserole.
- Fry the onion and leek in the remaining oil for about 5 minutes until soft and transfer to the casserole.
- Now pour all the other ingredients into the casserole. season well and give it a quick stir.
- Put in the oven and cook for at least 3 hours.
- Serve with a rainbow of seasonal vegetables.