Saucy Mexican Chicken
Based loosely on the filling for enchiladas, this has a Mexican taste to it. All the usual accompaniments work well with it, i,e guacamole, spring onion salsa and refried beans if you're not watching your carbs. You could even fill spelt tortillas and use it in a proper enchilada dish.
- 4 chicken breasts cut into chunks or Quorn/tofu
- 500 ml passata
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 100 g buffalo mozzarella chopped small
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp hot chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp onion granules
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- The chicken should be cut into approx 5cm x 5cm chunks.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and fry the chicken for a couple of minutes.
- Sprinkle over all the herbs, spices and seasoning. Cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the passata, bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese until melted. Serve with salad and various accompaniments. See below.