Much easier than you'd think these would be and a world apart from the canned muck you buy to go with Mexican style food. They are rich in vitamins and minerals, they also provide you with a great source of protein.
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 3 tbs olive oil extra virgin
- 2 cans black beans, liquid reserved organic
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbs chopped fresh coriander
- salt and pepper
- Put the beans (liquid reserved) into a food processor and blend. Add a little reserved liquid until you have a smooth paste.
- In a large frying pan, fry the onion in the olive oil over a medium heat until translucent.
- Add the bay leaves, garlic and salt and pepper and stir.
- Pour the bean paste in, add the chopped coriander and stir well to combine. Simmer for 10 minutes adding more reserved liquid if it becomes dry.