Rich Sweet Potato Melt
This is too good to have as a side dish. It needs to take centre stage. The cooking time is long but the prep is not. Its a big recipe, so either halve it or keep some for later in the week!
- 1 kg sweet potatoes smallish ones lay in the dish more easily
- 25 g butter
- 100 g red onions white would work too
- 300 ml creme fraiche Dairy free-The coconut collaborative yoghurt
- 300 ml double cream Dairy free-coconut cream (250ml pot is enough)
- 1 tsp garum masala
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- salt and pepper
- Pre heat the oven to 160 fan, 180 electric or Gas 4.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and slice into 1 cm thick slices. Discard the ends.
- In a large bowl place the sweet potato slices and onion.
- Put all the other ingredients into a small bowl and stir well to combine.
- Pour over the sweet potatoes and onions and mix to cover them.
- Pour into a buttered oven proof dish.
- Bake for at least an hour until the potatoes are soft and the top is caramelised. Serve with a lightly dressed watercress salad.