Asian Inspired Mushroom Burgers
OK so they're not really burgers but they are great as a burger shape. And a large Portabello mushroom is really sustantial. The flavours here are just so good coupled with the Asian slaw recipe!
- 4 portabello mushrooms wiped stork removed
- 2 tbs tamari wheat free soy sauce
- 2 tbs rice syrup
- 1 tbs toasted sesame oil
- squeeze lime juice
- pinch pepper
- Mix everything (apart from the mushrooms) together in a small bowl.
- Brush the mushrooms both sides with sauce, using it all out and lying them in a dish so that they can sit in a single layer.
- Pre heat a grill (they are good on the BBQ too) to hot and grill both sides for 5-10 minutes until the juices flow.
- Put them back into the dish with the leftover sauce and they will soak it up.
- Serve with the Asian Slaw and easy cheesy and onion rolls. Recipe links below.