Spring Onion Fritters
These are great as a main with guacamole, salad and salsa. They also make a good dinner party starter. I've also had them with the Mexican meats (See tacoless tacos and chilli con carne) as a bread alternative.
- 250 g cream cheese or ricotta use silken tofu for dairy free version
- 90 ml milk use almond milk for dairy free version
- 1 egg if egg free see egg alternative below
- 1 bunch spring onions trimmed and finely sliced
- 2 tbs coriander chopped
- 90 g gluten free self raising flour doves is great
- 1 tsp baking powder gluten free
- salt and pepper
- light olive oil to shallow fry in
- squeeze of lemon juice IF USING SILKEN TOFU DF VERSION
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Leave to stand for 10 minutes for the coconut flour to thicken.
- Heat a thin layer of oil in a frying pan.
- When oil is hot (not too hot or they will brown too quickly) spoon tablespoons of mixture in. In batches, fry until golden, a couple of minutes, then carefully flip. They should puff up. Blot on kitchen paper.
For en egg substitute click here