Spring Onion Fritters
These are great as a main with guacamole, salad and salsa. They also make a good dinner party starter. I've also had them with the Mexican Style Mince recipe.
- 200 g cream cheese use silken tofu for dairy free version
- 4 eggs if egg free see egg alternative below
- 1 bunch spring onions trimmed and finely sliced
- 3 tbs coriander chopped
- 1 tbs psyllium husk powder
- 1 tsp baking powder gluten free
- salt and pepper
- light olive oil to shallow fry in
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Leave to stand for 10 minutes for the psyllium husk powder to thicken.
- Over medium to hot (my hob goes to 9 and I set it at 7) heat oil of approx. 2cm deep in a frying pan.
- When oil is hot (not too hot or they will brown too quickly) spoon tablespoons of mixture in. In batches, fry until golden, a couple of minutes, then carefully flip. They should puff up. Blot on kitchen paper.